Monday, February 20, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
We wanted to bring back Tasty Tuesdays to share another love of ours....cooking. This first idea is from Sinda, who works in our warehouse. She loves to bake. We made these cake pops and they turned out to be super easy and yummy!
1 box of cake mix: Yellow, White, or Chocolate
1 tub of vanilla frosting (you can use homemade or chocolate frosting if you prefer)
2 8x8 cake pans (round pans will work too)
Cookie or Baking sheet
Lollipop Sticks - 4" or 6" will work (We will be selling these and other party supplies later this month!)
Melting chocolate (I used Tollhouse milk chocolate chips and added a tsp of canola oil which helps the chocolate melt and not seize)
Sprinkles and other assorted editable deocorations
Bake the cakes according to the box and let cool
get a large bowl to crumble the cake into once it's cool
- After you crumble the cake, add the frosting and mix by hand (a spatula or spoon will work) You want the frosting and cake to become one mixture so you can form the cake balls
- Form 2" cake balls
- Lay the "cake balls" on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper
- After you have formed all the cake balls place them in the freezer for 1 hour or until chilled not frozen.
- Pull them out of the freezer and melt the chocolate (I did it in the microwave. Just put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and start melting it in 20-30 second cycles. Stir after each cycle. You don't want to melt the chocolate to fast because it will seize up)
- Poke 1 lollipop stick in the bottom of each cake ball.
- Dip each cake ball in the chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle the cake decorations onto the chocolate covered cake balls.(Hint: if you roll it in the decorations the chocolate gets all over and the decorations get covered in chocolate)
- Lay it on the parchment paper again and let the chocolate harden. You can also let the chocolate drip of the cake ball and then stand it up. (secret stand....Styrofoam or the planters foam that allows flowers to stand upright. You can cover it with paper or spray paint it if you want to use it as your cake display.)
- Serve cake pops and enjoy!
Monday, February 6, 2012
Thursday, February 2, 2012
I should also mention that we have some very exciting news.........We will be carrying 7 NEW Companies starting this month! Not only are we adding new companies, but more fabulous products from the companies we already carry. You will want to come back often so you don't miss out on our amazing deals and screaming steals!