Monday, August 27, 2012

Labor Day just around the corner!


I was thinking about summer today and I felt like this past summer went by in the blink of an eye. I tried to think about what I did with friends and family and it felt like everything happened in just a few weeks, not three months. I remember as a child thinking"I have so much time to play, ride bikes, swim, and go to the park", and having an adult tell me "enjoy it while you can because as you get older it will fly by!" It flew by! I did enjoy all the moments in between the rushing and craziness but I sure wish I could have had a few more "Lazy days of summer".

One of the last things I will do this summer is can peaches and tomatoes. This will be the first year I have attempted the endeavor and I am very excited. I was able to get a little taste when I went to my moms this past weekend. She had purchased a bushel of peaches and I was her assistant. It was so much fun to chat and peel peaches and chat some more......We completed 12 jars and I can't wait to do my own. I am even more excited because I want to make homemade marinara sauce and my own salsa......(I am feeling super adventurous now that the twins are in first grade!) I am hoping, if it turns out well, that I can give some as neighbor gifts this fall. I was looking at some of the scrapbook lines we carry and I fell in love with the 2 lines are we are selling at 50% off! (August 28th only!) 

Pebbles Fresh Goods and Sunnyside are so cute and fit perfectly! I am so excited to make little labels to put on each jar and hopefully make fun cards to attach. This is the day to take advantage and grab these 2 collections while you can.........I will post pictures are soon as I get my canning done! Here is a sneak peak at a few of the items, which you can purchase at our store www.allscrapbooksteals.com


FRESH GOODS......




 
SUNNYSIDE......
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment