Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday!

This week for Tasty Tuesday I decided to make my favorite treat, cupcakes!  This idea that I had would work for Christmas or New Years Eve.  I'll be honest, I was going for a New Years Eve look with a firework on top, but it ended up looking more like a snow flake, so either holiday would work! You could also get crafty with this and make fireworks using paper and sticks placed in the cupcake, or even use a sparkler.  Just have fun with it!

For this recipe, I used a box mix and made according to directions on the box.  I do however have my own buttercream frosting recipe that I will share :)

1 c. Butter
1/2 c. Shortening
2 1/2 c. Powder sugar
1 egg white
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Vanilla extract

-Using the paddle attachment, cream together butter, shortening, and powder sugar until well blended
-Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until light and fluffy

Make sure your cupcakes are cool before frosting, then you can either pipe on the frosting like I did, or you can spread it on.  Add whatever color sprinkles you would like.

Next melt some chocolate, and put it in a zip lock to pipe out.  Lay out a piece of parchment and make some firework design, or snowflakes ;), and add sprinkles before they set up.  Let them harden and carefully remove and add them to your cupcakes!
Note: Make a lot of snowflakes/fireworks, some will break when you try to get them off the parchment.

This also works great for birthdays, or any other themed party, by simply changing with you make out of the chocolate. I hope you enjoy these, and I hope you like my frosting recipe.

Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. wow- SO festive. They look awesome. Almost too pretty to eat...ha!
    Thanks for recipe- will be printing that shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for always commenting!! It makes me feel good to know someone is actually reading. Love your comments!

      Delete