Sunday, March 1, 2015

St. Patrick's Day and Spring Wood Blocks

I love decorating for the holidays and my kids especially love the holiday decor around our house. One of my favorite decorating items to have (and to make) are wood blocks. They are fast and easy. They satisfy my need to craft in just under an hour. When I got out my paints and blocks last Saturday, my kids started joking that I need an intervention, because I love these blocks so much.

So many of the Companies have come out with 3x4, 4x4, and 4x6 journaling cards. These cards fit perfectly on varying sizes of wood blocks. (The different sizes of wood blocks, and paint are available at Allscrapbooksteals.com).  I pick out the cut-outs that I want and choose the size of block that fits it.  For these blocks I used the following papers from Doodlebug's Happy Go Lucky (12x12 Leprechaun Polka 4636, and Lucky Clovers 4631), Easter Parade (12x12 Bunny and Friends), and Hello Sunshine (12x12 Springtime Spray 4644).

With these blocks my friend and I decided to do St. Patrick's on one side and then Spring and Easter on the other. This way we only had to do one set of blocks, After St. Patrick's Day is over they can be turned around for Spring. We picked paint that would coordinate with both themed papers. After the papers were glued on, I added some jewels, sprinkles and ribbon. These embellishments really make them come alive. I hope you love them as much as I do. Check out the papers, wood, and paint at Allscrapbooksteals.com today!!! Happy Crafting!!! Jacqueline
St. Patrick's Day with the green, ribbon, jewels, and sprinkles.
turned around they are perfect for spring. (two in one). I used white, apple green, and leaf green to match both papers. 

Jewels add so much and really make it come alive.

I love the enamel sprinkle shapes and glitter circle for the sun and flowers. 

4x4 size is perfect to stack 

The jewels really bring out the colors.

I love how simple and easy these are

The back side of the 4x4 blocks. I used apple green to match the both of the papers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment