Today's recipe is for my all time favorite thing to eat, homemade raspberry freezer jam. Now I have to tell you that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to jams. I have tried tons of different brands in my quest to find one as good as my mom's freezer jam. I have even sampled the same jam that the Queen of England likes, but none hold a candle to this fantastic jam. You can make this jam at home in about 45 minutes and then freeze it for up to a year. I have one jam making day a year, and make enough jam for my family, and to give as gifts to my friends and neighbors.
4 cups of mashed fruit (5 pints of raspberries)
1 cup of sugar
1 medium lemon
1 packet of pectin for freezer jam
1. Rinse and drain 5 pints of raspberries in a large bowl.
2. Using a potato masher, smash the berries until there are no longer large chunks.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and fruit pectin.
4. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl, remove all seeds.
5. Add the lemon and pectin/sugar mixture to the bowl with the smashed berries and stir for 3 minutes.
6. Ladle the jam into jam jars, let sit for 30 minutes.
7. Freeze, or eat your jam.