Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our dear Russell will be missed

This is a difficult thing to do. I have been contemplating how I could even begin to write this. As some of you may know, we are a small family owned business. Jorjana and I are the creators and managers of our company. My sister Carissa started and managed this blog for us until the needs of her family made it difficult to continue. Her husband, Russell, was diagnosed with a brain tumor seven years ago. He faced multiple rounds of intense treatments and surgeries with amazing strength and courage, but he lost the battle on July 20, 2011. We knew that his time with us was limited, but when he finally passed away, we could feel the loss of his amazing spirit. Russell was a remarkable, amazing man. He was a good husband and attentive father of three children. He was also a son, brother, son-in-law, brother-in-law and friend. He had an incredible zeal for the law and for what was right. He was incredibly intelligent and always finished what he started. Even when he knew that the tumor would win, he gave all that he had to his family and friends until the end. He had tremendous courage and truly endured until the end. We all loved and enjoyed Russell and he will be missed tremendously.

We have been traveling back and forth over the past six months to Denver to assist Russell and Carissa and their family. This has caused inconveniences for some of our customers. We want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We want you to know how much we appreciate all of the kind words and letters we have received. Thank you for your continued support as we move forward.

8 comments:

  1. My condolences to your family. Our family is in a similar situation. My brother was recently diagnosed with a GBM brain tumour and has been enduring the intense treatment for several months. We also know that the disease will win, but my brother is determined to fight as long as possible. After reading your blog I will take hope and strength from Russell's story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. My hurts for you all, I pray that God will give you peace at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I explored your blog this morning and learned about your dear family member, Russell. I wanted to tell everyone that I was truly sorry to read about your lost. Thank you for your courage and fortitude during this difficult time. If I hadn't read the blog, I wouldn't have known about your loss. Your quality service seemed uninterrupted to me.

    You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find strength in those around you.

    Sincerely,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart and prayers are with all of you-peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss! Prayers and hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear of your loss even though it is now over a year. He was much too young. I have a friend battling this now and my MIL lost a friend - more and more people are getting diagnosed and I do hope that they find a cure.

    ReplyDelete