Monday, April 30, 2012

Summer is Just Around the Corner





I know that we just talked about spring, but summer is just a few weeks away! Time for picnics, fun in the sun, vacations, and so much more!

 I look forward to summer every year. I love the smell of fresh cut grass, the sun beaming in at 6 am coaxing me to get out of bed and start my day, packing a picnic and taking the kids to the lake just up the street, building sandcastles, barbeques in the evening, watching the kids run around until the last minute of daylight has disappeared, then laying in the grass and looking up at the stars. (Click here to see more including simple photography tricks for lighting!)

Summer is also a time to have fun creating. I love taking pictures. Photography is one of my passions. Summer can be a wonderful canvas for capturing the perfect picture. Paying attention to lighting is key. Morning and evenings are the ideal times to take pictures. The light is typically softer and warmer. Try to get outside and play with your camera.

 If you are outside when the sun is the brightest than you can try using your flash (I know that sounds really weird but if the sun is casting harsh shadows on a face than using your flash will help to brighten the "dark shadows".) You can also trying to find shade and take the picture there. Simple changes can make or break a picture. 

Of course once you take the picture you must get it to your computer and then the real challenge.....getting the picture printed! Whether you print it from home or send it off, take time to print it and tell the story right then. Take just a few minutes to write it down on a 3x5 index card, be sure to include what happened or why you took the picture, who was in the picture, and the date. So often we think we will remember and just set it aside but more often than not it's forgotten or put away until a later date and then we have lost the moment, the story behind the picture or pictures.

I wanted to showcase the new line from Fancy Pants-"Wave Searcher". I really like the "surfer" look. It's perfect for everyday summer or vacation pictures. I also found a super cute card idea which I have posted below. Of course you can pick up all the elements and paper at our store www.allscrapbooksteals.com. This one is hot and will most likely sell out very quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment