Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Loaded BBQ Chicken Pizza

I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl and I bet you made my Football Cheese Ball and it was delicious! I'm sure we all ate a lot of food that was bad for us but I have a recipe here for you to try to make you feel a little better!

I LOVE Chicken BBQ Pizza SO Much!! It is one of my favorite things to eat, but ordering it from Papa Johns was making money and my pants tight so I decided to come up with a healthier option and this is what I came up with!

What you will need to make 2:
2 whole wheat pitas
1 chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 C. roughly chopped red onion
1/2 C. pineapple
1 C. Arugula
2 Roma tomatoes
1 TBS olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. red pepper flakes
4 TBS BBQ Sauce
2 TBS diced green onion
1/2 C. mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start with placing the pitas on a cookie sheet and spread 2 TBS of BBQ sauce on each pita and sprinkle some cheese on top of that, set aside. Next put the olive oil in a pan and saute the onions, about half way through sauteing add the chicken and the chili powder and cook chicken all the way through. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the onions and chicken on the pitas. Then add the rest of the toppings, pineapple, tomato, green onion, red pepper flakes and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Then top with arugula and enjoy!!




I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did, I loved it!!

Also this is 11 Weight Watchers Points Plus

Happy Crafting!














2 comments:

  1. Oh....these look absolutely divine...Yum for sure. And they seem quite healthy. Another great recipe to print and try. Thanks Sinda!!!!

    ReplyDelete