Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Valentine's Breakfast

Today I would like to share one of my all time favorite breakfasts with a Valentine's Day flare!  I love Egg in Toast.  My freind Lindsi indtrduced it to me long ago, and I just fell in love with it. 

First off, cut a hole (or in this case a heart) in a piece of bread with a knife. Then, you will want to butter each side of the bread (for this step I use a paper towel or a paper plate to put the bread on).  I also butter each side of the bread piece that you cut out.  Next, butter/oil/no-stick spray a pan, put the bread in, and crack an egg into the hole. Then cook it like you would normally cook a fried egg and flip when ready.  Also fry each side of the hole that you cut out of the bread to make little toast pieces.  You're now ready to plate it up and eat, so yummy!




To enhance the breakfast, we also made a heart shaped bacon.  Simply fold up your bacon into a heart-like shape and cook it as usual, easy as that!  You can also have some strawberry milk, or, if you're like my husband and don't like strawberry milk, just add a few drops of food coloring to regular milk. It makes such a festive breakfast!





Lastly, we have our heart shaped bananas.  Carve out a triangle in the banana, and trim the round sides to make them straight - as shown in the pictures - then slice them up and put it on the plate!  Such an adorable breakfast...and it's SO yummy!


Hope you enjoy it and I hope your Valentine enjoys it! :)










Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment