Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grandma Browns Hot Peach Shortcake

My Grandma was such a sweet lady and always made me, and I'm sure my siblings, feel so special!  She would send us a hand made birthday card every birthday and would make these cute little envelopes out of wrapping paper for Christmas and put a $2 bill in it.  Best of all she would make a pumpkin pie just for me every Thanksgiving because she knew how much I loved it! 

My Grandma was such a good cook and made countless dishes that I grew up with and love to this day.  I'm excited to share one of my favorite recipes with you, Grandma Browns Hot Peach Shortcake!

What you will need:
2 1/3 cups Bisquick
3 TBS sugar
3 TBS melted butter
2/3 C. milk
about 3-4 peaches (or other fruit of choice)
Half and Half, to your liking
Powdered sugar, to your liking

Set the oven to bake at 425.  In a medium bowl combine Bisquick, sugar, butter, and milk and mix together until well combined.  Then spoon into a greased pie pan.  Bake for 15-17 minutes.  Then while still hot cut and serve into bowls, top with fruit, powdered sugar, and half and half.  My family has also tries this with strawberries, raspberries, and oranges and it all tasted fantastic,  Enjoy! Serves 8

This is one of my favorite, remind me of home, comfort food to make, and the best part it is so so easy.  I Hope you enjoy and be sure to check our last post to enter to win the June Giveaway!

Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. Thank you Sinda! This looks DELICIOUS. The recipe looks simple and the results look AMAZING. I can't wait to try this myself. Thank you for sharing!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend trying this! :) it IS Delicious! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. It is so very simple and so good! Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete