Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Hambuger Mushroom Gravy

With all this dreary, cuddle up rainy weather we have been having here in Utah, I wanted to share a comfort food from my childhood with you.  I know that my mother cooked for me growing up, but for some reason I can't remember very many of the dishes!  Don't get me wrong, my mother is a wonderful cook and taught me how to cook - I just have a terrible memory.  This dish is one of the few that I remember...and love!  This Hamburger Mushroom Gravy is creamy, delicious and one of the easiest things you will ever cook!

What you will need:
1Tbs olive oil
1 small red onion
(or any onion of your choosing)
1 lb hamburger
2 Tbs flour
1/4 c milk
1 8oz can of mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Start with the olive oil and onion in a large skillet. Cook on high for about 3 minutes, just until they start getting soft.  Then, add your hamburger and brown.  When the hamburger is done sprinkle on the flour and mix. Next, add the milk, cream of mushroom, and the mushrooms (don't drain the water out of the can, add it to the pan as well).  Then just mix up until well combined and heated through.  Serve on top of mashed potatoes with a side of veggies, it's as easy as that!!  I have never tried it but I am sure it would also be good over pasta.  I hope it warms you up like it did for me, enjoy!


Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment