Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Philly Cheesesteak

Tonight I am excited to share a recipe for one of my favorite things to eat, Philly Cheesesteak!  As usual this recipe is very easy to make and is SO Good!

What you will need:

2 lbs of eye of round steak, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
 8-10 slices of provolone cheese
 4-5 submarine rolls
optional: cheese wiz and oregano

Set your oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet saute the peppers and onion for about three minutes.  Add the meat and seasonings and cook until the meat is done.  Then cut the rolls in half and butter one side of the bun, place the meat mixture on the other side of the bun and put the cheese on top.  At this point you can sprinkle some oregano on top of the sandwich or not it is up to you, but trust me you should it is great!  Then put in the oven to melt the cheese and enjoy!  Now in Philly they put cheese wiz on top, now I don't like it but my mother in law loves it!  This is seriously one of my favorite things to eat and I hope you enjoy it! :)








Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment